Nuffnanger :-)

Monday, December 28, 2009

1st Day of GP Posting

Sem 4 GP Posting has just started. I am now doing mine at Asia Clinic, Jalan Pandungan. I am indeed very lucky again to get such a good doctor, Dr. Robert Kho. He graduated his MBBS from Singapore and specialized his Geriatric qualification from Australia. The clinic operates from 8am to 12pm for the morning session and 2pm to 4.30pm for the evening session. I thought the clinic starts at 8.30pm and I was late on the first day, aiyo, bad impression! I observed 27 cases in the morning and 19 cases in the evening. The cases included common illnesses like cough, fever, immunization, leg pain and mostly medical check up for those who wanted to pursue their studies overseas in New Zealand or Australia. There was an old woman with a lump (granulation tissues) interlinked with broken toe nail. She is indeed a happy old woman I have seen, very interesting. She still can be so optimistic over the growth of lump on her toe. Dr. Kho injected local anesthesia at 4 points at lateral sides of the toe (2 on each side). I saw she hold the pain when the needle being poked in, she still can be so tough. Hmm...good good. Finally, the nail(foreign body which is an ideal place for the bacteria to grow, according to the Dr.) had been removed and the granulation tissue was also being cut off. She was so thankful after the simple procedure the doctor had done, :-)

Me: Dr, what was the most unique/special case you have seen in here?
Dr: Every case is special! They are all different.
Me: Wow....(I say this in my heart)

The doctor I am following now is very good, kind. He explained well and treated every patients very good. This could be proved when 1 of the old patient purposely came to give him fried kueh tiaw (if I didn't see wrongly) and few patients told me that he is a very good doctor. Hmm....I want to be like him...I feel very noob as his student now,lol!

p/s: Ah Gong choked during lunch time, it gave me a fright, luckily he was alright after that.
      Went to fun fair with Lee Juin, Jenny, Char Sing, Jason and Kang Jie at night, spent RM14 while Kang Jie spent RM16,not worth it to play all the mini games,lalala...but Tacada is super fun!! Hehe, but regret that my record of video on it was not saved, aiyo. The break dancer was so so great, he could stabilize himself on the spinning wheel and dance with the music, how I wish I could dance like him:-(

No comments: