Nuffnanger :-)

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Am Not Yet A Doctor

People always ask, why you choose to study Medicine? I will always answer because there is no other choice that I can take besides Medicine. I am not interested in Pharmacy, Accounting, Engineering, Architecture, etc. Although I am quite ok with business, but I think it is not necessary to get a business degree to start a business, that's why I have chosen medicine. Now, I discovered the truth behind that why I chose Medicine. The truth is horrible---I chose it mainly because for my own pride, wisdom & dignity.I wanted to feel proud, and look proud in the eyes of everyone.And also partly because I wish I to be able to help my family members when they are in need. By studying Medicine, I knew exactly how to take care of my family members--as a doctor, how to give advices to them--what can they eat and cannot eat. I didn't want to just care for them but cannot do anything to help/cure them. I wish I am smart enough to detect and diagnose their diseases earlier.But recently when my father kept on asking Why this and Why that about his headache/hand pain.He expected me to be as pro as a doctor.I couldn't answer why? This prove that I am still couldn't help him.I feel terribly bad for not able to help even though I am now studying Medicine.I felt myself so dumb.I wish I can be smarter and graduated a doctor very soon so I can help them..Time, please let me become a doctor faster and please grant me the knowledge, pls!!!!

p/s:I will erase my pride & selfishness. I will work hard & strive further, so I can be more successful to be able to love, care & help my family members and my patients!!! Must always remember, patients are our priority!!!