Nuffnanger :-)

Thursday, August 13, 2009

10th Day of Elective

In fact, 2day is the shortest day, not yesterday,lol.Went back at around 2pm. U know what happened? I supposed to meet up Dr. Harith (Radiographer) in the morning and Dr. Manjit(Pathologist) in the afternoon, but because of my blurness (I woke up at 9am),need to meet with them at 9am. I rushed to the hospital at 9.10am and straight away went to join Natasha and Gaik Si for Dr. Manjit, however I should join Dr. Harith at that time. I didn't know, and Dr. Manjit seemed to be annoyed about my late arrival (They were there since 8.50am, wth!). Dr. Manjit is a pathologist. He is nice. He asked us to give the PBL trigger by ourselves and asked us about the case, like how to find differential diagnosis? how to investigate? Although It was very scary, but it really helped us to think as a medical student or even a doctor, hmm...not bad not bad. Gaik Si got some sort of hearing problems with Dr. Manjit,lol. She lost for like 4-5 times. And I bet Dr. Manjit will like me because I treated him coffee, haha! He said he can then easily remember my name,lol! Went to visit around the laboratory after that---blood bank, room for Culture & Sensitivity, room for preparing wax slides, etc...At about 11am, I just got to know that I supposed to follow Dr. Harith, went to find him after that. He didn't scold me, luckily, haha! Saw 2 cases of ultrasound with him.He also showed us some CT scan and X-rays of the patients and explained a little bit, hmm...At about 1pm, went for Tumour Board Conference, got free lunch!!!! Yeah! Active participants of the conference including Dr. Lau, Dr. Teo, Dr. Kho, Dr. Manjit, Dr. Wong, Dr. Lei, hmm...quite interesting the cases they presented. And I have noticed all the doctors were joking around, damn funny! Hmm...wish I can be like that next time when become a doctor, don't be so serious,lol! So, in the afternoon, I have nothing to do because I have done both, swt!

Lesson of the Day:

Dr. Manjit (Pathologist) said:

You have to be intelligent of what you are going to say/do. There must be a reason for it. So, before you say/ do anything,think twice & make it an intelligence one. Normally, doctor only can make provisional diagnosis. Laboratory is the place to confirm the diagnosis!!!!!


P/s: Visited UNIMAS and Sabrina Ting, Bowling session at BDC Everise.

No comments: