Nuffnanger :-)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SGH Day 2

Today came to the hospital at 8am...to meet the doctor at ward 75. Went around the wards with Dr. Chia and a houseman. Learnt some ethical issues from the doctor. He said they happens commonly and we must always know how to dal with them. Well, some cases just due to the disagreement of the family members to do something and it had delayed the surgery/cause less recovery although surgery is done later. After the ward, went to have breakfast with some of the doctors, MOs, houseman. They have a great chat and I found it quite boring. Got treated Milo and Coffee,lol...After that, went to MSC with Dr. Chia to see patients...seen X-ray of osteoarthritis (Bone spurs!!) and some case of cervical PID (Not pelvic inflammatory disease arghh, but prolapsed intervetebrae disc)...then went to lunch quite early at 11.30am, after that spent some time in the medical student centre until now, ok, gonna go to clinic H now...I am late for 8 minutes dy...lol. I bet the doctor will be a little bit late too, hehe.:-)

(Shit man, original version of the below which I typed was not saved, so have to retype it...:-()

Afternoon time nothing much, just stayed in the clinic for the whole day..I think the most interesting things that made my day were the happiness and gratitude shown by all the grandma patients and seeing them recover in walking pattern had made me feel intrested in specialize in the field associated with old people. Saw a lot of cases again...osteoarthristis, knee arthritis, etc....

Heard thousand times of same explanation by the doctor for yesterday and today,lol. I think he had said it for 20 plus years dy...

Quote from the doctor: We medical student must know how to endure hardness. ASs compared with the mo or houseman which is our lives in later stage, it is nothing. I was just observing the patients just now and didnt help anything and yet I was complaining about tiredness and laziness,lol...supposed to have night duty but I want to do another day coz the doctor said can choose any day, guess will do it 2moro, hehe!

So what should we do tonight?? Hmm...

No comments: