Nuffnanger :-)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SGH Day 1

I have nothing to do from after lunch to 2pm,so I am gonna blog about what I have seen and learnt each day...

First week I am attached to Orthopeadics department, under Dr. Chia. He is really a happy go lucky doctor. I can see he is very passionate about his work or rather he is enjoying his daily life as a orthopeadic surgeon. I like his way in interacting woith his patients. He is multilangual, although some language sounds quite weird.He is an expert in his field, major in knee cap replacement. A lot of other doctors seek advices from him.

Well, first day actually there was nothing happened. Went to report at 9am to get timetable. Then went to find Qiu Yan to get nametag and to see slides. After that, I have nothing better to do but fb-ing until 2pm because my doctor was doing surgery in the morning and I didnt go to find him. Should have gone to find him :-( 2pm, went to clinic H, had a short chat with an indian lady. She had fracture in her arm. The most prominet thing about her is that she believe in God very much. Went into the consultation room, learnt quite a lot of cases with the doctors (including Dr.Siva). Cases like osteoarthritis, arthritis, spondylolisthesis, right shoulder contulsion, torn medial meniscus, plantar fasciatis and so on...Dr. Siva taught me that every pathology is the same. We just need to see the pathology and rule out the causes according to the age, gender, risk factors...and thus diagnosis will be easily seen..:-)

Quote from the doctor-"This is a lifestyle decision. You can choose whether you want to do it or not? It is not depends on the doctor but the patient."

No comments: